SEXUAL ASSAULT AWARENESS MONTH 2023: The low country-based, non-profit organization “Tri-County SPEAKS Sexual Assault Center” invites the community to events honoring Sexual Assault Awareness Month. This year’s theme is “Drawing Connections: Start by Believing!” Scott Beard, Executive Director of TCS states, “Sexual Assault Awareness Month is a time for our community to come together to support survivors and to let them know they are believed.”
TCS will host multiple events in Tri-County communities for SAAM as well as host interactive awareness topics for each day in April regarding sexual assault/sexual violence on their event calendar, https://www.tricountyspeaks.org/events/.
Special in-person events for the month of April include:
- April 6th MUSC Sexual Assault Awareness Symposium,
- April 15th Poetry & Short Story Readings at Redux Studios in the morning and Bar Outreach Day at Edmund’s Oast and Palmetto Brewery (both TCS bystander trained) in the afternoon,
- April 16th Trauma Informed Yoga at Liberty Square in the morning and Empowerment Training with SASSGo in the evening,
- April 19th Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson book discussion at Baxter Patrick Library,
- April 21st Sexual Assault Awareness Day for Hispanic/Latino Communities,
- April 22nd Hugging a Pet SPEAKS Volumes with Pet Helpers,
- April 23rd SAAM Support Concert at Dudley’s,
- April 26th Denim Day with MUSC, and
- April 30th: TCS Survivor’s Art Exhibit: Our big finale for SAAM 2023 at Hampton Park, the 1st Annual Tri-County SPEAKS Sexual Assault Center Art Exhibit on April 30th.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT: